Sensei Andy Bidder 4th Dan started martial arts at Timson’s Judo in Brentwood at the age of 6 until 10yrs old and began training in Ishinryu karate at the age of 20 in 1988. Andy first started training at Upminster Ishinryu club under the instruction of Sensei Pepe Suarez 6th Dan and also trained under Sensei Ticky Donovan OBE 9th Dan at the Barking Hombu.
In 1992, Andy left Upminster Ishinryu to join East Ham Ishinryu, training under Sensei Steve Sango 4th Dan. In 1991, Andy started competing in regional kata and kumite regional events around the country. Andy competed at the English National Championships in kumite in 1996, 1997, 1998 in the under 70kg catgegory. Andy also competed at the English Open in 1997 in the under 70kg and Open weight. Andy has attended various England Squad training events including English Senior squad selections and has trained with English and World Champions such as Wayne Otto, Paul Alderson, Greg and Janice Francis and Ian Cole.
While studying in Australia, Andy attended the Australian National and State Squad training sessions, training with Australian Champions as Jeff Ivory and Robin Choi and Brett Carleton, and gained selection in the Queensland State Squad in 2001 and 2003, competing in both the Australian National, Australian Open and Queensland State Championships.
- Level 2 Award in Sports First Aid
- 1991 Ishinryu Championships Mens Team 3rd
- 1992 Harlow Open - Kata 3rd
- 1993 BWKS Mens Black Belt Open 3rd
- 1993 Welsh Grand Prix Mens Black Belt -70kg 3rd
- 1997 Thurrock FOS – Mens Open Black Belt 2nd
- 2001, 2003 Member of the Australian Queensland State Squad
- 2002 Queensland EOS Open; Mens Black Belt 3rd
- 2003 Queensland AKF State Titles – Mens Black Belt Veteran 1st
- 2004 Ishinryu Championships Senior Mens Team Bronze
- 2005 Ishinryu Championships Senior Mens Team Silver
- 2007 Ishinryu Championships Senior Black Belt 3rd
Other Sporting Achievements
- London Marathon 1995, 1996, 1997, 2011
- Edinburgh Marathon 2011